The IRT St Exupéry’s mission is to explore and develop technological breakthroughs through collaborative research in its three key domains. Its pioneering spirit and drive to innovate is directly inspired by its famous namesake, aviation pioneer, writer and engineer Antoine de St Exupéry.
Launched between 2012 and 2013, the 8 IRTs benefits from the French government Program “Investissement d’Avenir” (Investments for the Future Program) to boost high value competitive technological sectors.
Our Vision : Integrating Collaborative Research
- A public-private 50-50 partnership, supporting long-term commitment for those involved.
- An integrated, evolutionary technological research programme: 22 research projects undertaken since summer 2014 totalizing almost 100 millions euros.
- Strategic experimentation to significantly speed up technological innovations and their transfer to industry.
- Developing the critical skills to bypass future technological
- An integrated collaborative environment – based on a legal and contractual framework:
- Combining ‘join laboratory’ tested models (research activities of joint research-industry teams)
- Hostel project ensuring common infrastructure including local and experimental facilities
- Public-private strategic governance adapted to the field of technological research (TRL 4-6).
We can coordinate complex research projects as well as disseminating results in the space and aerospace sectors fast.