Embedded Systems research aims to develop technologies, methods and tools for signal processing, hardware-software technologies, autonomous smart systems and collaborative system engineering.
Market, Needs & Challenges
More embedded intelligence, through:
- functional and operational performance,
- dependability and security,
- complexity mastering,
are the main challenges of the domain.
Field of expertise
- Systems engineering: requirement engineering- modelling and simulation – formal methods – collaborative tools – standardization.
- Signal and data processing: telecoms physical layer and network processing – RF signals detection – optical and radar image processing.
- Intelligent systems: combinatorial optimization – deep learning – multimodal man/machine interfaces.
Projects in progress
ALBS : Ground processing and transmission chains for RF and optical broadband satellite communication systems (new waveforms, interference and distortions management, ground stations handover, ground optical terminals);
OCE : Technologies for optimizing the end-to-end performance of Earth Observation space systems (smart programming of constellations, onboard and ground autonomous processing, ground infrastructures for big data processing).
INGEQUIP : Methods and tools for equipment engineering (system-hardware-software co-design, component-based development methods, formal verification methods).
MOISE : Methods and tools for model-based collaborative system engineering (requirement engineering, multi-view modeling and verification, system engineering in extended enterprise).
MDA-MDO : Methods and tools for multi-disciplinary analysis and optimization (aeronautical study cases).
MIMIKS : Smart multi-modal human-machine interfaces for the capture and transmission of production operators know-how.