The Systems Engineering Competence Center meets the challenges of competitiveness in the aeronautical, space and automobile industries – namely, cutting the costs of development, manufacturing and product maintenance. To this end, it must master increasingly complex technologies that give the product a high level of capability of operating unattended while at the same time ensuring its operating safety and reliability.
In particular, the center is interested in cyber-physical critical systems, that is, systems for which operating safety and reliability is vital for the human and societal environment with which they interact, such as the regulatory requirements that apply to the fields of aeronautics and space.
Research conducted in the competence center focuses on engineering processes, methods and tools that favor mastery of architectures, optimization and improvement of the processes of design and Verification & Validation (V&V) at all systemic levels – integrated systems, sub-systems, equipment, software and hardware.
The specificity and differentiation of the competence center’s positioning concern two points: incorporation of the multidisciplinary nature of the professions and organization in an extended company, and compatibility with the regulatory aspects in force, such as certification and qualification.
The objective is also to develop industrialists’ competence in the systems engineering professions.
Head of Systems Engineering Competence Center
- State-of-the-art database of methods, tools and projects.
- Methodological guides.
- Models or prototypes of operational equipped chains that serve as reference implementation and validation of interoperability solutions or improvements of existing software solutions (proprietary, open source).
- Proposals to standard-setting and/or influential organizations.
- Media for the transfer of results: videos, training sessions, theme-based workshops.
- Thesis reports, scientific publications, conference presentations.
[Portrait 05] François Gallard, aeronautical research engineer and multidisciplinary optimization (MDO) architect
IRT PhD students visited aerospace companies in Bordeaux
Discover the IRT Saint Exupéry Embedded Systems Domain at ERTS2
Success of the first European workshop on MDO for Industrial Applications in Aeronautics