Each of the three key technology domains – high performance and multifunctional materials, more electrical aircraft and embedded systems – set up dedicated platforms focusing on specific areas of study and exploration to support their project.
High Performance Multifunctional Materials
This domain covers:
- Developing and characterizing organic matrix composites
- Studying surface protection coatings and functionalization technologies
- Designing and characterizing ceramic matrix composites
- Considering the impact of the manufacturing process on properties of metallic materials
- Exploring innovative assembly techniques.
More Electrical Aircraft
This domain includes two platforms:
- The characterization platform: which is considering physical phenomena (arcs, partial discharges, Eddy current) and the failure/ageing mechanisms of electrical components.
- The electromechanical chains integration platform: which is looking at innovative, basic technology building blocks.
This domain covers:
- Emulation of satellite communication chains
- Simulation of earth observation systems and services
- An integrated collaborative systems engineering platform
- Multidisciplinary analyses and optimization.
Technology Platforms Localization
- Understanding of innovative assembly
- Process for ceramic composites : MI Owen
- Impact of manufacturing process on properties of metallic materials
- Elaborate and characterize organic composites : Thermoplastic pre-impregnation line
- Integrated collaborative system engineering : System engineering
- Emulation of satellite communication chains : Access & Network – RF Transmission
- Simulation of Earth Observation systems & services : Space operation simulator – Massive image processing
- Multi-disciplinary analyses & optimisation
- Surface protection & Fonctionalization technologies : Oxydation coating by micro-arc – Automated paintshop
- Electromechanical chain integration : Motors & direct loss of characterization
- Characterization : Electrical Arc – Rotational power loss