With this Aerospace Industry PhD Acculturation program, IRT Saint Exupéry offers PhD students to visit 2 or 3 Aerospace companies per year. The aim is to make the PhD students better know jobs and careers in such companies.
Usually, the visit is composed of:
- a presentation of the company and its industrial domain, with a particular technical overview;
- a focus on research and development activities for which a PhD owner could bring a specific value compared to an engineer who doesn’t come from research area;
- job and career opportunities for a PhD owner;
- a meeting with some PhDs working in the company;
- a visit of platforms and laboratories.
2019 AIDA days
In September 2019, almost 40 PhD students and post-doctoral researchers were welcome by Airbus Defence & Space for discovering its activities in the Space domain.
During 2 days in April 2019, around 20 PhD students visited four industrial partners based in Bordeaux area. They discovered top-level technologies for:
- materials at Safran Ceramics and Ariane Group,
- aircraft design and production at Dassault Aviation,
- and embedded systems at Thales.
2018 AIDA day
In April 2018, around 25 PhD students visited Liebherr Aerospace in Toulouse.
2017 AIDA days
In October 2017, around 30 PhD students visited Airbus in Toulouse.
In June 2017, around 25 PhD students visited Continental in Toulouse.