Usually, the visite is composed of:
- a presentation of the company and its industrial domain, with a particular technical overview;
- a focus on research and development activities for which a PhD owner could bring a specific value compared to an engineer who doesn’t come from research area;
- job and career opportunities for a PhD owner;
- a meeting with some PhDs working in the company;
- a visit of equipment and laboratories.
For this academic year, around 20 PhD students visited four industrial partners based in Bordeaux area, on April 16-17.
They discovered top-level technologies for:
- materials at Safran Ceramics and Ariane Group,
- aircraft design and production at Dassault Aviation,
- and embedded systems at Thales.
All PhD students were impressed by the talks given by the hosted companies. They were also very enthusiastic about laboratories demonstrations and contacts they could have with engineers and researchers.