“Super-G Demonstration Day” will be held to highlight the practical results of the linked project SUPER-G. This project was launched in February 2019 and will be completed in June 2022. SUPER-G investigated the architecture and associated solutions to support satellite backhaul in a 5G compliant context. This has led to the development of a platform dedicated to virtualization of Satcom network functions.
To facilitate interactions, the event will be held at B612 Building in Toulouse on Monday June 27 (8:30am-7:30pm). A remote participation will be possible, but a physical attendance is preferred.
|8:30 – 9:00||Welcome Coffee|
|9:00 – 9:30||Introduction to IRT, the Super-G project and the experimental platform|
|9:30 – 10:15||Rerouting demonstration “Dynamic slice routing using an SD-Wan approach” – A. Al Sheikh (IRT Saint Exupéry – QoS Design)|
|10:15 – 10:40||Tutorial on Virtualization with our Platform – O. Grémillet (IRT Saint Exupéry – Viveris)|
|11:00-11:40||Orchestration demonstration “Zero-touch gNB Satellite Backhaul activation” – O. Grémillet (IRT Saint Exupéry – Viveris)|
|11:40 – 12:00||Investigations on Vector Packet Processing (VPP) for satellite encapsulation” – D. Pradas (Viveris)|
|12:00 – 13:30||Lunch|
|13:00 – 13 :30||Visit of Lab & Satellite Backhaul Demo (group 1) also possible at 17:00 – 17:30|
|13 :30 – 14 :00||Advanced Demonstration #1 “Auto-scaling of Service Function Chains (SFCs)” – T. Djemai (IRT Saint Exupéry)|
|14 :00 – 14 :30||Advanced Demonstration #2 “Slicing for 5G NTN with COMET platform” – Y. Driff (IRT Saint Exupéry)|
|14 :30 – 14 :45||Demonstration take-aways and technical conclusions – F. Arnal (IRT Saint Exupéry – Thales Alenia Space) P. Berthou (LAAS – CNRS)|
|14 :45 – 15 :00||Break|
|15:00 – 15:30||Keynote speech “NTN Standardization” – N. Chuberre (Thales Alenia Space)|
|15:30 – 16:30||Panel Discussion: “ Discussion on future communication satellite systems » with Magali Vaissière (President of IRT Saint Exupéry), Paul Vincent (Sapienza), Philippe Rouzet (Airbus Defence & Space), Pascal Berthou (LAAS/CNRS) and Didier Le Boulc’h (Thales Alenia Space) will participate. The following question will be raised: “How Telecom standards will impact future communication satellites? |
How research can help to meet industrial needs? Which national/european support for innovations in the satellite industry?”
|16:30 – 17:00||Conclusion talk “Potential Future 5G activities at IRT Saint Exupéry” J. Decroix (IRT Saint Exupéry – Thales Alenia Space) Refreshments and open discussion|
|17:00 – 17 :30||Visit of Laboratory & Demo 5G Backhaul with Starlink (group 2). Also possible at 13:00 – 13:30|
This event is an opportunity to discover our platform for the development of Network Functions for Satcom and to exchange with some inspiring speakers.
For example, you will:
• Learn the basis of virtualization and explore up-to-date solutions to create/use Virtual machines and containers
• Experiment the usage of an orchestration tool and see its usage for a simplified deployment
• Learn how SD-WAN (Software Defined – Wide Area Networks) will enable to handle and react to link reconfiguration and see some practical scenarios with autonomous adaptation to link outages or capacity changes
• Discover a new algorithm to adapt ressources matching applications needs
• Learn how end-to-end slicing was implemented for satellite backhaul.
• Get on overview of expected benefits from using user plane packet processing
• Get an update of NTN (Non Terrestrial Networks) standardization work
• Discuss the future of satellite communication
• Explore IRT Saint Exupéry Lab dedicated to 5G.